LOS ANGELES, CA, May 30, 2019 — The Immediate Family recently wrapped a sold-out tour of Japan, including dates at Billboard Live in Tokyo and Osaka and the Blue Note in Nagoya.
The band, featuring Danny Kortchmar (guitar and vocals), Waddy Wachtel (guitar and vocals), Leland Sklar (bass), Russ Kunkel (drums) and Steve Postell (guitar and vocals), brings together some of the most recorded, respected and sought-after players in modern music. Their work can be heard on albums from Jackson Browne, David Crosby, Stevie Nicks, Keith Richards, Warren Zevon and many, many more.
New upcoming dates, featuring stripped-down configurations of the band, have been announced:
1. California Saga 2: An All-Star Charity Concert (featured a stripped-down version of the band: Kortchmar, Wachtel, Sklar and Postell)
2. Vancouver Island Musicfest (Danny Kortchmar, Waddy Wachtel & Friends)
- Date: July 12-14, 2019
- Venue: Comox Valley Exhibition Grounds, 4839 Headquarters Road, Cortenay, BC V9J1P2, Canada
- July 13 performance: Kortchmar, Wachtel & Friends, “Songs of Woodstock, 50 Years Later,” 1:30 p.m. PDT on The Grierson Stage
- Additional July 13 performance: “All Basses Covered” – Leland Sklar, 3:15 p.m. PDT at The Cross Roads
- July 14 performance: Kortchmar, Wachtel & Friends, “Woah, Guitar!,” 1:30 p.m. PDT at The Grierson Stage
- Additional July 14 performance: Kortchmar, Wachtel & Friends, “In Concert,” 6:15 PDT at The Concert Bowl Stage
- Event website: https://www.islandmusicfest.com/
- Ticket link: https://musicfest.tickit.ca/events/5446-vancouver-island-musicfest-2019
3. Long’s Park Amphitheater Summer Music Series (Danny Kortchmar & Friends)
Visit The Immediate Family online:
About The Immediate Family
Danny Kortchmar’s resume reads like a who’s-who of the music industry. A renowned guitarist, producer, songwriter, and session musician, he has played, produced, and written for James Taylor, Don Henley, Carole King, Linda Ronstadt, and Jackson Browne, among many others. As a songwriter, Kortchmar has either written alone or collaborated with numerous artists, penning indelible tracks such as Don Henley’s “Dirty Laundry,” “All She Wants to Do Is Dance,” and “New York Minute,” as well as Jackson Browne’s “Somebody’s Baby” and “Shaky Town,” to name a few.
Together, Kortchmar, Kunkel and Sklar made up three-quarters of The Section, best known for both their studio and live work in support of some of the top selling singer/songwriters and solo singers in the history of music. Collectively, The Section helped define the sound of a generation.
Also on guitar and vocals is legendary rock guitarist Waddy Wachtel, who has played with many of the same artists as Kortchmar, as well as artists like Keith Richards, Stevie Nicks, Bryan Ferry and the late Warren Zevon, with whom he co-wrote and produced a number of hit songs including “Werewolves of London,” which The Immediate Family has included in their set list. In addition to renowned session players Leland Sklar (Phil Collins, Warren Zevon, James Taylor) and Russ Kunkel (Jackson Browne, James Taylor, Carly Simon), The Immediate Family also includes Steve Postell on guitar and vocal. Postell is a seasoned touring and session player who has worked with David Crosby, Jennifer Warnes, John Oates, Robben Ford and many others.
The Immediate Family recently signed with industry veterans David A. Helfant of Arpeggio Entertainment and Fred Croshal of Croshal Entertainment Group for personal management.
Photo File 1: ImmediateFamily_Japan_Photo1.jpg
Photo Caption 1: Pictured L-R: Russ Kunkel, Steve Postell, Danny Kortchmar, Waddy Wachtel and Leland Sklar, pictured backstage at Billboard Live in Tokyo, Japan.
Photo File 2: ImmediateFamily_Japan_Photo2.jpg
Photo Caption 2: The Immediate Family performs live on stage at Billboard Live in Tokyo, Japan.
Photo File 3: ImmediateFamily_Japan_Photo3.jpg
Photo Caption 3: Russ Kunkel performs with The Immediate Family at Billboard Live in Tokyo, Japan.
Photo File 4: ImmediateFamily_Japan_Photo4.jpg
Photo Caption 4: Waddy Wachtel performs with The Immediate Family at Billboard Live in Tokyo, Japan.
Photo File 5: ImmediateFamily_Japan_Photo5.jpg
Photo Caption 5: Danny Kortchmar performs with The Immediate Family at Billboard Live in Tokyo, Japan.
Photo File 6: ImmediateFamily_Japan_Photo6.jpg
Photo Caption 6: Steve Postell performs with The Immediate Family at Billboard Live in Tokyo, Japan.