(Coachella, CA – January 22, 2015) – Ernie Ball Inc., the world’s leading manufacturer of guitar strings and musical instrument accessories, announces Brian Ball as its new President. Company CEO Sterling Ball made the announcement, representing the company’s long-term plans for growth and expansion.
Brian’s grandfather Ernie Ball founded the company in 1962; Ernie Ball Inc.’s three-generation family legacy is strong, and Brian’s rich background and history with the company will allow him to serve the business while adding innovations and updates to the product line, as well as company culture and branding.
Sterling Ball stated, “Since 1962, Ernie Ball Inc. has been dedicated to providing tools for artists, and we are excited to see what another 50-plus years in the industry will bring under Brian’s leadership.”
In his new position, Brian will be leading the company at a time of rapid growth, strengthening the company's market position within the guitar industry. He has been with Ernie Ball Inc. since 2000, working as a part of the tour staff before transitioning into marketing. Brian has a deep sense of history and respect for the family brand, giving him the tools to stay true to the company culture while also keeping things fresh and relevant. He has also been and will continue to be an integral, hands-on part of Ernie Ball’s R&D team and artist relations.
As Brian notes, goals for the company moving forward under his leadership include: carrying on the tradition of the family and business and preserving its legacy; the development and innovation of new instrument string capabilities; the continued support for undiscovered bands and artists; leveraging growth potential in strings, accessories and the Music Man division, specifically by engaging with emerging markets internationally; and the expansion of loyalty programs and digital marketing presence.
Over his tenure with the company, highlights accomplished by Brian and his team include:
- The management of key sales accounts globally, leading to a significant period of growth over the last decade
- The development and invention of a new string packaging method, in Element Shield Packaging, providing 100% hermetically sealed factory-fresh strings with bolder merchandising
- The co-development of new string technologies with two officially granted patents: Cobalt Instrument Strings and M-Steel Core Wire Technology, as well as the patent-pending Aluminum Bronze
- The creation of the Golden Pick Retail Marketing program, giving legendary artists the opportunity to market their new record releases to a highly targeted audience of guitarists inside packs of Ernie Ball strings.
- The co-development of the PowerPeg and Wonder Wipes instrument accessories
- The growth of the Ernie Ball Battle of the Bands into an artist discovery platform, partnering with the world's largest festivals including the Vans Warped Tour, Rock on the Range, Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival, SXSW, and more
- The establishment of a community and network for bands with www.battleofthebands.com, giving them live opportunities and new ways to connect with fans
- A marketing approach that led to the success of such promotions as Cheers to 50 Years, The Golden Pick and All Access with Slash
Brian Ball stated, “I never forget that we are putting our name on the package, and I'm extremely fortunate to have been given the opportunity to build our family's business even further. Alongside my brother Scotty [Vice President and point man at Music Man], we share a tremendous sense of pride in what our grandfather Ernie and our dad Sterling have built, and we are looking forward to guiding the next phase of the company. I couldn't ask for better leaders and mentors than those I've had, giving me the foundation for what has always been my ultimate dream job.”
About Ernie Ball:
In 1962, veteran player and teacher Ernie Ball created Slinkys®, the iconic light gauge electric guitar strings widely revered by hundreds of guitar greats including Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, Jimmy Page, The Edge and John Mayer. In addition to industry-standard strings, as well as hand-crafted high-end Music Man® guitars and basses, Ernie Ball Inc. offers state-of-the-art instrument accessories that are carried in more than 6,000 stores in the U.S. and 120 countries worldwide. The family-run company maintains its founder's dedication to preserving the musician's playing experience and delivering superior sound quality through the development of new products, such as Cobalt Slinkys, M-Steel, Ever Last, and the revolutionary Element Shield Packaging, which hermetically seals guitar strings to keep each set as fresh as the day they were made. The company also fosters artist development through musician-focused programs such as the Golden Pick promotion featuring Slash and Eric Clapton, and the world's largest and longest running Battle of the Bands, where unsigned bands compete each year for the chance to play on multiple tours and win tons of prizes. Visit them online at www.ernieball.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Holly Dragovich | Ernie Ball | 805.234.0050 | email@example.com