(Coachella, CA – July 1, 2016) – Ernie Ball, the world's premier manufacturer of guitar strings, musical instrument accessories and volume pedals, has been honored as the winner of 29 awards in the 37th Annual Telly Awards. Ernie Ball is the only musical instrument brand to create original TV programming content, underscoring the company’s commitment to innovative marketing tools, the promotion of music as an art form and the celebration of top talent.
The Telly Awards was founded in 1979 and is the premier award honoring the finest video and film productions, and online commercials, video and films. Winners represent the best work of the most respected advertising agencies, production companies, television stations, cable operators, and corporate video departments in the world.
Ernie Ball was acknowledged with six Silver Telly Awards (the Tellys’ highest honor) for the following;
- Ernie Ball: The Pursuit of Tone – Mike Ness (A DIRECTV/AT&T Original Series) (Awards in Lighting, Sound Design and Cinematography)
- Ernie Ball: The Pursuit of Tone – Buddy Guy (A DIRECTV /AT&T Original Series) (Awards in Cinematography and Sound Design)
- Ernie Ball: String Theory (Award in Promotional Branding)
Ernie Ball was acknowledged with a total of 23 Bronze Telly Awards for the following
- The Making of St Vincent's Ernie Ball Music Man guitar (Awards in Business-to-Consumer, Commercials and Promotional Branding)
- Ernie Ball: String Theory (web series) (Award in Business-to-Consumer)
- Ernie Ball: Capturing The White Buffalo (web series) (Awards in Business-to-Consumer and Promotional Branding)
- The Making of Ernie Ball Music Man: The Valentine (James Valentine of Maroon 5's Signature Guitar) (Awards in Business-to-Consumer and Promotional Branding)
- Ernie Ball: The Pursuit of Tone – Mike Ness (A Directv/AT&T Original Series) (Awards in Documentary, Branded Content/Entertainment, History/Biography, Use of HD, Use of Music, Art Direction, Editing and Directing)
- Ernie Ball: The Pursuit of Tone – Buddy Guy (A Directv/AT&T Original Series) (Awards in Documentary, Branded Content/Entertainment, Use of HD, Art Direction, Editing, Lighting and Directing)
Dustin Hinz, Ernie Ball Music Man Executive Vice President of Marketing, noted, “It’s an honor to be recognized for the innovative work our team is producing alongside the family of artists who make Ernie Ball and Music Man part of their craft. Our original content efforts are instrumental to telling our brand story and we are pleased that the work is resonating with our customers, dealers and music fans.
A prestigious judging panel of over 500 accomplished industry professionals, each a past winner of a Silver Telly and a member of The Silver Telly Council, judged the competition, upholding the historical standard of excellence that Telly represents. The Silver Council evaluated entries to recognize distinction in creative work – entries do not compete against each other – rather entries are judged against a high standard of merit.
Linda Day, Executive Director of the Telly Awards, stated, “The Telly Awards has a mission to honor the very best in film and video. Ernie Ball’s accomplishment illustrates their creativity, skill, and dedication to their craft and serves as a testament to great film and video production.”
To find out more about the Telly Awards, visit www.tellyawards.com.
Photo file 1: TellyAwards_Statuette.JPG
Photo caption 1: Telly Awards Silver Award statuette
Photo file 2: TellyAwards_Logo.JPG
Photo caption 2: Telly Awards logo
About Ernie Ball:
In 1962, veteran player and guitar teacher Ernie Ball created Slinkys®, the innovative light gauge electric guitar strings widely revered by thousands of iconic players including Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, Jimmy Page, Paul McCartney, Metallica, Brad Paisley, Slash, John Petrucci, Angus Young and John Mayer. The strings are all crafted in Coachella, CA. Ernie Ball also offers state-of-the-art instrument accessories that are carried in more than 6,000 stores in the U.S. and 120 countries worldwide.
Officially purchasing the Music Man® company in 1984, Sterling, joined later by his sons Scott and Brian, has built a team of dedicated professionals based in San Luis Obispo, CA who collectively share a common goal: crafting the highest level of hand-crafted instruments available. Originally founded by Tom Walker, Forrest White and Leo Fender in 1974, Music Man built its name leading an industry revolution, introducing active electronics on its production instruments. As part of the team during the 70’s, Sterling Ball played an important role on the design and development of the iconic StingRay basses.
The family-run company maintains its founder's dedication to preserving the musician's playing experience and delivering superior sound quality through the development of new products, such as Cobalt Slinkys, M-Steel, Earthwood and the revolutionary Element Shield Packaging, which hermetically seals guitar strings to keep each set as fresh as the day they were made. The company also fosters artist development through musician-focused programs such as the world's largest and longest running unsigned artist programs, where bands compete each year for the chance to play live on national tours, festivals and events. Visit them online at www.ernieball.com and www.music-man.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Ed James | ANTHEMIC | 615-819-2051 | Ed@anthemicagency.com
Robert Clyne | Clyne Media Inc.| Robert@clynemedia.com