Conan O’Brien (front right), Jimmy Vivino (front left), Mike Merritt (rear right), and James Wormworth (behind drums).
(Click for high-res
Ed Begley Jr.
The Get Together Foundation, in association with Rock Cellar Productions, will present “Project Kids-Care Telethon,” an online charity event helping underserved L.A. kids during the holidays, on Saturday, November 28, 2020, starting at 3:00 p.m. PST
Even More Stars Sign on for “Project Kids-Care” Telethon, Airing on Saturday, November 28, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. PST
– Recently added guests include Joe Jonas, Conan O’Brien and Jimmy Vivino with Mike Merritt and James Wormworth, Ed Begley Jr., The Boxmasters (Billy Bob Thornton & JD Andrew), Clifton Davis, Kenny G, Brian McKnight, Jesse Colin Young, Jordan Rudess, Michelle Phillips, Devon Allman, Obba Babatundé and Anne-Marie Johnson, along with newly named emcee hit songwriter Dan Navarro, who joins multi-award-winning actor David Arquette and musicians Micky Dolenz and Steve Ferrone, who have also been confirmed as emcees –
– Previously announced participants include Kenny Loggins, Don Felder, Pablo Cruise, Marc Broussard, Kevin Eubanks, Laurence Juber, Marcella Detroit, The Immediate Family, Rob Morrow, Lamont Dozier, Jr., Gary Puckett and Rebecca Holden –
Los Angeles, CA, November 20, 2020 – Even more entertainment legends have been pledging their participation in “Project Kids-Care,” an online charity streaming telethon event helping underserved children in Los Angeles during the holidays, taking place Saturday, November 28, 2020, starting at 3:00 p.m. PST, presented by the Get Together Foundation (GTF), in association with Rock Cellar Productions. This six-hour telethon event will feature video performances and appearances from celebrities of all kinds (actors, musicians/recording artists, sports celebrities, comedians, TV personalities, and more), with the music theme featuring songs and inspirational messages about Peace, Love & Understanding and the holidays.
New confirmed guests are Joe Jonas, Conan O’Brien and Jimmy Vivino with Mike Merritt and James Wormworth, Ed Begley Jr., The Boxmasters (Billy Bob Thornton & JD Andrew), Clifton Davis, Kenny G, Brian McKnight, Jesse Colin Young, Michelle Phillips, Devon Allman, Obba Babatundé and Anne-Marie Johnson, with the list growing every day. Returning is emcee Dan Navarro, who was one of the emcees at the Get Together Foundation’s “ALL TOGETHER NOW – L.A.!” telethon in April, along with multi-award-winning actor David Arquette and musicians Micky Dolenz (Monkees legend) and beloved drummer Steve Ferrone (Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Average White Band, Eric Clapton). Other previously confirmed participants include Kenny Loggins, Don Felder, Pablo Cruise, Laurence Juber, Marc Broussard, Marcella Detroit, The Immediate Family (Danny Kortchmar, Waddy Wachtel, Leland Sklar, Russ Kunkel and Steve Postell), Kevin Eubanks, Rob Morrow, Lamont Dozier Jr., Gary Puckett, Rebecca Holden, and The Tribe Band.
The telethon will be live-streamed through Alert the Globe (www.alerttheglobe.com) and Facebook Live, as well as other online streaming platforms. It’s free to watch, and viewers will be able to donate through a link or text-to-donate in real time.
Project Kids-Care is the latest initiative from Get Together Foundation co-founders Kevin and Mare Wachs and follows the highly successful “ALL TOGETHER NOW – L.A.!” telethon in April, which raised over $125,000 of relief money for the City of Los Angeles Coronavirus Crisis Fund (Mayor’s Fund). Project Kids-Care underscores the foundation’s mission of offering immediate assistance to those in need. Holiday time is no exception as GTF will provide kids with food, clothing, shelter, and gifts.
Commenting on Project Kids-Care, Kevin Wachs stated, “We are humbled by the caliber of talent signing on to contribute to Project Kids-Care on Thanksgiving weekend. Giving back is an important priority, and especially in such a trying year as 2020, it is more important than ever to come together to deliver something special for the a greater cause, and to make the Holidays a bit brighter for the children of Los Angeles.”
Proceeds will go to the following charity organizations for their programs and services for kids:
- Get Together Foundation (food & shelter) – committed to action since 2004, GTF is a non-profit organization delivering aid, care, comfort, and more to our community’s most vulnerable citizens. Through the power of music, we help those in need.
- 100 Black Men (mentoring & education) – The Los Angeles Chapter is furthering the education & empowerment of African-American youth to help them focus and set goals for their future through their upstanding Mentoring and Education programs. Founded in 1963.
- Valley Cultural Foundation (arts & education) – is the leading non-profit arts organization in the San Fernando Valley, founded in 1975; VCF’s mission embraces diversity of talent, community, business, and education by providing free programs and events in the arts.
- Spark of Love Toy Drive (toys & sports equipment) – ABC7 & SoCAL Firefighters have celebrated 27 years successfully collecting more than 10 million new, unwrapped toys & sports equipment for underserved children and teens in Los Angeles and adjacent counties.
- Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles (healthcare) – CHLA was the first non-profit pediatric hospital in SoCal, established in 1901. They provide pediatric healthcare with medical experts offering more than 350 pediatric specialty programs and services.
The telethon event will begin at 3:00 p.m. PST and will go for approximately six hours, with four emcees guiding the action including over three hours’ worth of video performances and shoutouts from celebrities of all kinds (actors, musicians/recording artists, sports celebrities, comedians, TV personalities, and more), plus live performances by The Tribe Band and some special guests, all to help raise money for L.A.’s youth at the holidays. The music theme for the event will be songs and messages about Peace, Love & Understanding and some holiday favorites.
Additionally, The Project Kids-Care Online Auction is now open and will run from now through December 13, 2020, with proceeds going to Get Together Foundation in order to support our organization, and others to benefit underserved kids of Los Angeles during the Holidays. Auction items range from exotic vacation experiences, to sports and music memorabilia, hotel/restaurant packages, beauty baskets and other items guaranteed to delight and surprise.
Visit https://projectkids-care.org/ for more information. To watch a video message on the event from actor Rob Morrow, click here: https://youtu.be/I5Y9RY8vl4k. To donate, text the word: TOGETHER to 24365.
Photo file 1: CONAN_JIMMY.JPG
Photo caption 1: Conan O’Brien (front right), Jimmy Vivino (front left), Mike Merritt (rear right), and James Wormworth (behind drums).
Photo file 2: JoeJonas.JPG
Photo caption 2: Joe Jonas
Photo file 3: EdBegleyJr.JPG
Photo caption 3: Ed Begley Jr.
Photo file 4: ProjectKidsCare_Flyer_3.JPG
Photo caption 4: The Get Together Foundation, in association with Rock Cellar Productions, will present “Project Kids-Care Telethon,” an online charity event helping underserved L.A. kids during the holidays, on Saturday, November 28, 2020, starting at 3:00 p.m. PST
Kevin Wachs, Co-founder, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Lauri Reimer, Special Projects Coordinator email@example.com
Clyne Media, Inc.
Rock & Roy Entertainment
More information: www.gettogetherfoundation.org / www.alltogethernowla.org
About the Get Together Foundation
The Get Together Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 2004 by Kevin and Mare Wachs, owners of Earthly Body, an internationally distributed hair and skin care company based in Chatsworth, California, as a 100% volunteer-based family foundation. The organization operates on a programmatic basis by raising community awareness and charitable support through seasonal music showcases as well as charity drives in the greater Los Angeles and metropolitan areas.