Contact: Clyne Media, Inc.
Tel: (615) 662-1616
Fax: (615) 662-1636
GUITAR CENTER OPENS NEW STORE IN LANSING, MI
— 242nd Guitar Center location features on-site lessons and repair services, along with
GC’s vast inventory selection —
Westlake Village, CA (March 1, 2013) – On the evening of Thursday, February 7, 2013, Guitar Center held the grand opening of its new location in Lansing, Michigan, located at 517 Mall Court. Lansing, MI 48912. The Lansing store is Guitar Center’s 242nd retail location. The Lansing location is part of a new wave of Guitar Center retail stores that feature lesson spaces, which allows the brand to offer additional music lessons, special programs and expanded opportunities for local musicians.
Kevin "KZ" Zielinski, Lansing’s new store Manager, stated, “Working with the staff and customers at Guitar Center is just a natural fit for me; I love helping people make music and it’s so rewarding to help each person find the instrument or accessory that will be the source of their next creative inspiration.” With a passion for all things music, Zielinski has been with Guitar Center since 1999 and is certified in multiple departments including accessories, Guitars & Amps, Drums, Live Sound & DJ, Recording & Keys.
Guitar Center Lansing: What Musicians Will Find In-Store
- Guitar Center Studios – Deeply vested in expanding and enhancing the Lansing music scene, Guitar Center Lansing also brings Guitar Center Studios to the new location. The fully-equipped, in-house lesson space is giving Lansing residents of all ages and skill levels access to affordable music lessons. Sourcing locally trained store employees as certified instructors, courses will be offered on guitar, bass, keys and drums, as well as vocals and recording techniques using Pro Tools and Logic Pro and GarageBand.
- Vast Product Selection and Low Prices – Guitar Center Lansing brings an unprecedented selection of products to Lansing, all backed by Guitar Center’s guarantee and available at attractive prices. The store features the latest in guitars, amplifiers, percussion instruments and keyboards, as well as live sound, DJ, lighting and recording equipment.
- Guitar Center Garage – Guitar Center Lansing includes GC Garage, the store’s on-site guitar repair service, offering a host of services, including electronics repair, hardware customization, fretwork, structural repairs, cosmetic enhancements, setup and maintenances.
Guitar Center Lansing: Additional In-Store Programs and Opportunities Include:
- Guitar Center’s “Endless Aisle” – Lansing customers can now shop from Guitar Center’s new multi-channel “endless aisle,” which extends the in-store inventory to over $400 million in new and used products from across the nation. Shoppers will be able to purchase in-store, online and via phone, with the option to have products shipped to their home or to the store for convenient pick up.
- At: Guitar Center Programs – Throughout the calendar year, Guitar Center Lansing will host an array of free events, such as artist workshops, lessons, product launches and performances, as a part of the company’s ongoing commitment to educating and assisting unsigned artists. These programs aim to provide musicians with the opportunities and exposure essential to achieving their music goals.
- Recording Made Easy – Available at all Guitar Center locations, the Recording Made Easy program is a four-week, user-friendly series of weekly classes occurring Saturdays from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- Music Mentor Series – Available at all Guitar Center locations, the Music Mentor Series offers educational courses on Wednesdays and Saturdays every week and touch topics such as Understanding DJ Gear and Stompbox Signal Flow to Hardware and Cosmetic Upgrades for Guitars.
In addition to special programs at the new Lansing store, Guitar Center offers year-round programs designed to spearhead creativity and highlight promising undiscovered talent. Lansing residents will now be able to participate in these ongoing events from their hometown. Programs have included Your Next Record, Guitar Center On-Stage, Guitar Center Singer-Songwriter, Guitar Center's Battle of the Blues, Guitar Center’s Drum-Off.
Guitar Center Lansing Store and Studio Hours
Mon-Fri: 11:00am – 8:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am – 7:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm – 6:00pm
Guitar Center is the world’s largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ and lighting equipment. Our retail store subsidiary presently operates 243 Guitar Center stores across the U.S. We are also the largest direct response retailer of musical instruments in the United States through our wholly owned subsidiary, Musician's Friend, Inc., and its catalog and Web site, www.musiciansfriend.com. In addition, our Music & Arts division operates more than 100 stores specializing in band instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors and students. More information on Guitar Center can be found by visiting the company's Website at www.guitarcenter.com.
MEDIA CONTACT: Robert Clyne, Clyne Media, Inc. at (615) 662-1616