(Click for high-res
The storefront of Guitar Center’s new store in Macon, Georgia.
The employee team of Guitar Center’s new store in Macon, Georgia.
The showroom of Guitar Center’s new store in Macon, Georgia.
Contact: Clyne Media, Inc.
Tel: (615) 662-1616
Fax: (615) 662-1636
GUITAR CENTER OPENS NEW STORE IN MACON, GA
— 245th Guitar Center location features on-site lessons and repair services, along with
GC’s vast inventory selection —
Westlake Village, CA (April 30, 2013) – On the evening of Thursday, April 25, 2013, Guitar Center held the grand opening of its new location in Macon, Georgia, located at 4551 Billy Williamson Dr. Suite 160, Macon, GA 31206. The Macon store (Guitar Center’s 245th retail location) is part of a new wave of Guitar Center retail stores that feature lesson spaces, which allows the brand to offer additional music lessons, special programs and expanded opportunities for local musicians.
GC Macon Store Manager Jason Kunberger, who has been with Guitar Center since 2004 in Atlanta, stated, “We are so excited to be bringing a Guitar Center to Middle Georgia, and I’m so humbled to get to be a part of it. I love being involved in helping people grow in their musicianship, from helping customers find their first instrument, then watching them learn to play at GC Studios lessons, to seeing them come back to expand their collection throughout the years – it’s exciting to feel so connected to new music being made everyday.”
GC Macon Assistant Manager Sarah Fordham added, “For me working for Guitar Center is a dream job and starting at the first store outside the central Atlanta area in Georgia allows me to be a part of making it even easier for Guitar Center to help Macon residents, such as myself, get the instruments and tools they need to help them make music. We pride ourselves on giving our customers the best possible experience when coming to our stores and the whole Macon staff is excited to share those experiences with our friends, neighbors and local musicians in Macon, while assisting them with all their musical needs.”
Guitar Center Macon: What Musicians Will Find In-Store
- Guitar Center Studios – Deeply vested in expanding and enhancing the Macon music scene, Guitar Center Macon also brings Guitar Center Studios to the new location. The fully-equipped, in-house lesson space is giving Macon residents of all ages and skill levels access to affordable music lessons. Sourcing locally trained store employees as certified instructors, courses will be offered on guitar, bass, keys and drums, as well as vocals and recording techniques using Pro Tools and Logic Pro and GarageBand.
- Vast Product Selection and Low Prices – Guitar Center Macon brings an unprecedented selection of products to Macon, all backed by Guitar Center’s guarantee and available at attractive prices. The store features the latest in guitars, amplifiers, percussion instruments and keyboards, as well as live sound, DJ, lighting and recording equipment.
- Guitar Center Garage – Guitar Center Macon includes GC Garage, the store’s on-site guitar repair service, offering a host of services, including electronics repair, hardware customization, fretwork, structural repairs, cosmetic enhancements, setup and maintenances.
Guitar Center Macon: Additional In-Store Programs and Opportunities Include:
- Guitar Center’s “Endless Aisle” – Macon customers can now shop from Guitar Center’s new multi-channel “endless aisle,” which extends the in-store inventory to over $400 million in new and used products from across the nation. Shoppers will be able to purchase in-store, online and via phone, with the option to have products shipped to their home or to the store for convenient pick up.
- At: Guitar Center Programs – Throughout the calendar year, Guitar Center Macon will host an array of free events, such as artist workshops, lessons, product launches and performances, as a part of the company’s ongoing commitment to educating and assisting unsigned artists. These programs aim to provide musicians with the opportunities and exposure essential to achieving their music goals.
- Recording Made Easy – Available at all Guitar Center locations, the Recording Made Easy program is a four-week, user-friendly series of weekly classes occurring Saturdays from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.
In addition to special programs at the new Macon store, Guitar Center offers year-round programs designed to spearhead creativity and highlight promising undiscovered talent. Macon residents will now be able to participate in these ongoing events from their hometown. Programs have included Your Next Record, Guitar Center On-Stage, Guitar Center Singer-Songwriter, Guitar Center's Battle of the Blues and Guitar Center’s Drum-Off.
Guitar Center Macon Store and Studio Hours
Mon-Sat: 10 AM-7 PM
Sun: 12 PM-5 PM
Guitar Center is the world’s largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ and lighting equipment. Our retail store subsidiary presently operates 245 Guitar Center stores across the U.S. We are also the largest direct response retailer of musical instruments in the United States through our wholly owned subsidiary, Musician's Friend, Inc., and its catalog and Web site, www.musiciansfriend.com. In addition, our Music & Arts division operates more than 100 stores specializing in band instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors and students. More information on Guitar Center can be found by visiting the company's Website at www.guitarcenter.com.
MEDIA CONTACT: Robert Clyne, Clyne Media, Inc. at (615) 662-1616