RELEASES VOCAL RIDER, A REVOLUTIONARY PLUG-IN FOR MIXING
Vocal Rider intelligently raises or lowers vocal volume without
coloring or compression —
AVIV, ISRAEL — Waves
Audio is now shipping Vocal Rider, the first of Waves’
pioneering series of innovative new Mixing tools. Vocal Rider
is indispensable for mixers and recording engineers, automatically
riding the levels of vocal tracks. Instead of manually riding
a console fader, or tediously drawing in every level change on
a DAW track, Vocal Rider does it automatically, making it a true
the user sets the target range of the vocal level in relation
to the rest of the mix. Vocal Rider then compensates for all deviations
from the target, intelligently raising or lowering the vocal volume,
instantly. Unlike compression, Vocal Rider adds absolutely no
additional coloring to the track
Rider Live component includes an exclusive Spill control to
differentiate the vocal from background instrumentation and noise,
for better tracking and performance.
- Allows users to keep steady vocal and dialog levels automatically.
- Saves time by automating the vocal riding part of the mixing
- Writes the automatic riding to an automation track for fine
- Real-time means no latency and no pre-scan needed.
- Up to 24-bit 96kHz resolution.
- Supports TDM, RTAS, Audio Suite, VST, AU.
- Windows 7 and Mac OS X compatible.
- Target sets the reference range for vocal mix positioning.
- Vocal Sensitivity differentiates vocal content from noise floor
- Vocal Activity LED indicates when vocal activity is detected.
- Attack sets the vocal detection attack behavior.
- Music Sensitivity determines the amount Vocal Rider adapts to
- Music Sensitivity LED indicates Vocal Rider’s response
to instrumental levels.
- Range Min/Max set the boundaries of the Rider Fader movement
- Effective Range displays the total gain range available for
- Idle Arrow sets the Rider Fader value when there is no vocal
- Rider Fader is Vocal Rider’s automatic control.
- Automation Mode controls the Rider Fader operation.
- Output trims the vocal output gain, post-auto riding.
- Clip LED shows when output is clipping.
Vocal Rider has an MSRP of $400.00 Native/$800.00 TDM. Waves Mercury
V7 owners covered by Waves Update Plan receive Vocal Rider at
no additional charge. Waves Vocal Rider is now available from
authorized Waves dealers and online. For more information, please
Waves is a leading provider of audio DSP solutions for professional,
broadcast, and consumer electronics audio markets. Waves has over
15 years of expertise in the development of psycho-acoustic signal
processing algorithms that leverage knowledge on the human perception
of hearing to radically improve perceived sound quality. Waves’
award-winning processors are utilized to improve sound quality
in the creation of hit records, major motion pictures, and popular
video games worldwide. Waves offers computer software solutions
as well as hardware plus software solutions for the professional
and broadcast markets. Under its Maxx brand, Waves offers semiconductor
and licensable algorithms for consumer electronics applications.
Waves’ Maxx technologies dramatically enhance audio performance
and are used by industry leaders such as Sony, Sanyo, JVC, Toshiba,
and many others. For more information, visit the Waves web site
other product names and trademarks are the property of their respective
owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Waves.