Contact: Clyne Media, Inc.
Tel: (615) 662-1616
Fax: (615) 662-1636
RELEASES VOCAL RIDER, A REVOLUTIONARY PLUG-IN FOR MIXING
Vocal Rider intelligently raises or lowers vocal volume without coloring
or compression —
NAMM SHOW, ANAHEIM, CA, January 14, 2010 — Waves
Audio is now shipping Vocal Rider, the first of Waves’ pioneering
series of innovative new Mixing tools. Vocal Rider is indispensable
for mixers and recording engineers, automatically riding the levels
of vocal tracks. Instead of manually riding a console fader, or tediously
drawing in every level change on a DAW track, Vocal Rider does it
automatically, making it a true timesaver.
the user sets the target range of the vocal level in relation to the
rest of the mix. Vocal Rider then compensates for all deviations from
the target, intelligently raising or lowering the vocal volume, instantly.
Unlike compression, Vocal Rider adds absolutely no additional coloring
to the track
Rider Live component includes an exclusive Spill control to differentiate
the vocal from background instrumentation and noise, for better tracking
- Allows users to keep steady vocal and dialog levels automatically.
- Saves time by automating the vocal riding part of the mixing process.
- Writes the automatic riding to an automation track for fine tuning.
- Real-time means no latency and no pre-scan needed.
- Up to 24-bit 96kHz resolution.
- Supports TDM, RTAS, Audio Suite, VST, AU.
- Windows 7 and Mac OS X compatible.
- Target sets the reference range for vocal mix positioning.
- Vocal Sensitivity differentiates vocal content from noise floor
- Vocal Activity LED indicates when vocal activity is detected.
- Attack sets the vocal detection attack behavior.
- Music Sensitivity determines the amount Vocal Rider adapts to instrumental
- Music Sensitivity LED indicates Vocal Rider’s response to
- Range Min/Max set the boundaries of the Rider Fader movement range.
- Effective Range displays the total gain range available for automatic
- Idle Arrow sets the Rider Fader value when there is no vocal activity.
- Rider Fader is Vocal Rider’s automatic control.
- Automation Mode controls the Rider Fader operation.
- Output trims the vocal output gain, post-auto riding.
- Clip LED shows when output is clipping.
Vocal Rider has an MSRP of $400.00 Native/$800.00 TDM. Waves Mercury
V7 owners covered by Waves Update Plan receive Vocal Rider at no additional
charge. Waves Vocal Rider is now available from authorized Waves dealers
and online. For more information, please visit www.waves.com.
Waves is a leading provider of audio DSP solutions for professional,
broadcast, and consumer electronics audio markets. Waves has over
15 years of expertise in the development of psycho-acoustic signal
processing algorithms that leverage knowledge on the human perception
of hearing to radically improve perceived sound quality. Waves’
award-winning processors are utilized to improve sound quality in
the creation of hit records, major motion pictures, and popular video
games worldwide. Waves offers computer software solutions as well
as hardware plus software solutions for the professional and broadcast
markets. Under its Maxx brand, Waves offers semiconductor and licensable
algorithms for consumer electronics applications. Waves’ Maxx
technologies dramatically enhance audio performance and are used by
industry leaders such as Sony, Sanyo, JVC, Toshiba, and many others.
For more information, visit the Waves web site at http://www.waves.com.
other product names and trademarks are the property of their respective
owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Waves.
North America Offices:
Waves, Inc., 2800 Merchants Drive, Knoxville, TN 37912;
Tel: 865-909-9200, Fax: 865-909-9245, Email: email@example.com, Web:
Waves Ltd., Azrieli Center, The Triangle Tower, 32nd Floor
Tel Aviv 67023, Israel; Tel: 972-3-608-4000, Fax: 972-3-608-4056,
Clyne Media, Inc., 169-B Belle Forest Circle, Nashville, TN 37221;
Tel: 615-662-1616, Fax: 615-662-1636, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
is exhibiting at Booth 6620 (Hall A) at the 2010 Winter NAMM Show
in Anaheim, CA.