INTERNATIONAL CES, Las Vegas, NV, January 8, 2013 — The Consumer Electronics Division of Waves (LVH 1430), the industry leader in professional audio digital signal processing technologies and recipient of a Technical GRAMMY® award, is showcasing the second generation of MaxxVoice, the ultimate voice and communications enhancement suite. MaxxVoice dramatically improves the voice capture capabilities of various devices, using cutting-edge processing to deliver intelligible, noise-free conversation.
Using proprietary technologies adapted from Waves’ professional studio processors, which are heard on countless hit records, major motion pictures and top-selling video games, MaxxVoice includes innovative directional and adaptive background noise reduction, advanced echo cancellation, intelligent volume and dynamics controls and more, so conversations can be heard, loud and clear. Second-generation MaxxVoice adds active keyboard noise suppression (DeKey), which allows use of the laptop’s keyboard without the annoyance of tapping noises being captured by the microphone signal.
The following are key MaxxVoice technologies:
- MaxxEC advanced echo cancellation uses a specially-developed proprietary algorithm to reduce room reverberation and echo, for artifact-free voice capture and reproduction.
- MaxxNR adaptive background noise reduction adapts to and eliminates background noises, for clearer vocal signals. Based on technology originally developed for the pro audio post production market, MaxxNR identifies and isolates voice signals from ambient noise, using multiband noise reduction to provide smooth, natural-sounding noise reduction.
- MaxxBeam uses advanced beam-forming using two microphones to overcome the challenges of noisy environments. MaxxBeam differentiates between the signals inside the beam and signals outside of it, suppressing stationary and non-stationary noise from outside the beam, while providing optimal sound quality and clarity.
- De-Esser sibilant noise reduction reduces excess “ess” and “shh” sounds from voice signals. Perfect for VoIP communications connection, De-esser significantly reduces harsh sibilance.
- DeKey active keyboard noise suppression; removes the sound of keyboard taps recorded through the computer’s microphone during VOIP conversations.
- MaxxVolume all-in-one dynamics control increases captured signal levels dramatically while providing essential functions such as noise gating and automatic release control.
- MaxxLeveler transparent loudness stabilizer smoothes out volume differences to normalize the volume creating steady dynamics.
- MaxxBass virtual subwoofer technology creates the feeling of richer, deeper bass, which psycho-acoustically extends beyond the speaker’s physical range.
- MaxxEQ delivers 30 bands of Output equalization and 10 bands of Input equalization with adjustable gain, frequency and filter type.
With the second generation of MaxxVoice, Waves continues to expand its range of digital signal processing (DSP) solutions, which have made them a perfect fit to work with companies like Dell, ASUS, Sony, iOS/Android developers and more, all of whom have employed Waves digital signal processing (DSP) as part of the feature set of their product offerings.
“Waves brings over two decades of leadership in the professional audio market to meet the challenges today’s communications needs,” said Tomer Elbaz, Executive Vice President, Waves Consumer Division. “The laptop has become an integral part of day-to-day life. For both business and pleasure, in the office or on the road, people depend on their computers for their communications as well as entertainment needs. Our MaxxVoice suite of cutting-edge technologies significantly improves clarity and intelligibility. Waves is focused on solving the complex issues that occur in real-life situations, and are constantly updating our algorithms to handle the evolving needs of users and manufacturers alike.”
For more information, please visit www.maxx.com.