(Click for high-res
Waves NLS Non-Linear Summing Plugin
Contact: Clyne Media, Inc.
Tel: (615) 662-1616
Fax: (615) 662-1636
Waves Audio Releases NLS Non-Linear Summing Plugin
KNOXVILLE, TN, April 11, 2012 — Waves Audio, the industry-leading developer of professional audio digital signal processing technologies, is now shipping its NLS Non-Linear Summer, which delivers the sound of three classic consoles in one powerful plugin. To create NLS, Waves joined forces with three of today’s leading producer / engineers – Mark ´Spike´ Stent, Mike Hedges and Yoad Nevo – modeling their rare mixing desks.
NLS recreates the sound of:
- The “magical” solid state console belonging to Mark “Spike” Stent (Radiohead, Björk, Muse, Maroon 5, Madonna).
- The classic console owned by Mike Hedges (The Cure, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Dido, Faithless, Manic Street Preachers, U2), heard on such timeless recordings as Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side of the Moon.
- The British console customized for Yoad Nevo (Bryan Adams, Pet Shop Boys, Sugababes, Goldfrapp, Air).
In the creation of this plugin, Waves meticulously modeled over 100 individual channels in all, painstakingly analyzing and recreating the distinctive color, character, and behavior of each and every input and summing bus amp. Waves NLS delivers to the digital realm the depth and richness that has long been associated exclusively with analog gear.
- Non-linear summing enhancement
- Three legendary consoles in one plugin
- Over 100 individually modeled channel and summing buss amps
- Developed in association with top producer/engineers
- Adds analog warmth and character
- Global control over all NLS plugins in the session
NLS Channel/Buss Controls:
- Studio sets the console type.
- Drive controls the amount of harmonic distortion, increasing the input signal and decreasing the internal headroom.
- Output / Trim controls gain adjustment.
- VCA Group assigns the NLS instance to a VCA Group, for global control via the VCA Groups Console.
- Link toggles between Dual Mono mode, where the left and right channels are not identical models, and Stereo mode, where left and right are identical (NLS stereo Channel only).
- Mic controls the headroom by simulating mic input levels. (NLS Channel only)
- Bypass deactivates analog harmonics, noise and frequency response effects.
- Noise activates modeled analog noise.
- VCA Tab shows and hides the VCA Groups Console section.
- Meter displays output signal peak dBFS values.
VCA Group Console Controls:
- Auto enables automation writing and reading for the VCA Groups Console.
- Group Bypass controls the NLS effect on all instances assigned to that VCA Group.
- Group Noise controls the noise for all the NLS instances assigned to that VCA Group.
- Group Drive sets the drive offset value for all NLS instances assigned to that VCA Group.
- Group Trim sets the output gain offset value for all NLS instances assigned to that VCA Group.
- Group Studio sets the studio type for all NLS instances assigned to that VCA Group.
- Group Name provides a text field which allows users to customize the name of each VCA Group.
Say goodbye to cold digital tracks that lack depth and harmonic complexity, and say hello to the richness and warmth that only analog gear could deliver – until now.
Waves NLS Non-Linear Summer is now available with U.S. MSRP as follows: $249 Native / $349 TDM. Visit www.waves.com for more information.
About Waves Ltd.:
From its start in the early '90s with the introduction of the Q10 equalizer plugin, Waves, a leading provider of audio DSP solutions for professional, broadcast, and consumer electronics audio markets, has gone on to develop a comprehensive line of over 100 audio plugins including industry standards like the L1 and L2 Ultramaximizers, popular vintage console models, and innovative mixing tools like Vocal Rider and the Artist Signature Series. For its accomplishments, in 2011 Waves received a Technical GRAMMY®, and the Q10 was selected as an inductee into the TECnology Hall of Fame. Waves technologies are now used to improve sound quality in virtually every sector of the audio market, from recording, mixing, mastering and post production to broadcast, live sound, and consumer electronics. Waves has over 15 years of expertise in the development of psycho-acoustic signal processing algorithms that leverage knowledge on the human perception of hearing to radically improve perceived sound quality. Waves’ award-winning processors are utilized to improve sound quality in the creation of hit records, major motion pictures, and popular video games worldwide. Waves offers computer software solutions, as well as hardware-plus-software solutions, for the professional and broadcast markets. Under its Maxx brand, Waves offers semiconductor and licensable algorithms for consumer electronics applications. Waves’ Maxx technologies dramatically enhance audio performance and are used by industry leaders such as Dell, Sony, Sanyo, JVC, Toshiba, and many others. For more information, visit the Waves web site at http://www.waves.com.
|All other product names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Waves.
North America Offices:
Waves, Inc., 2800 Merchants Drive, Knoxville, TN 37912;
Tel: 865-909-9200, Fax: 865-909-9245, Email: email@example.com, Web: http://www.waves.com
Corporate Headquarters Israel:
Waves Ltd., Azrieli Center, The Triangle Tower, 32nd Floor
Tel Aviv 67023, Israel; Tel: 972-3-608-4000, Fax: 972-3-608-4056, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Waves Public Relations:
Clyne Media, Inc., 169-B Belle Forest Circle, Nashville, TN 37221;
Tel: 615-662-1616, Fax: 615-662-1636, Email: email@example.com, Web: https://clynemedia.com