Knoxville, TN, April 5, 2022 — Waves Audio, the world’s leading developer of professional audio signal processing technologies and leading maker of audio plugins for mixing, music production, mastering, sound design, broadcast, post-production and live sound, is now shipping the Waves Nx Germano Studios New York plugin.
Nx Germano Studios brings the A-list acoustics of the legendary Germano studio – originally known as The Hit Factory – to your own set of headphones. Monitor your mixes in a precise model of the iconic control room, complete with its custom-built stereo and surround monitoring systems – so you can create better mixes, anywhere, anytime.
From David Bowie, Stevie Wonder, the Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen and Michael Jackson to Travis Scott, Kendrick Lamar, Rihanna, Post Malone, J Balvin and Kanye West, Germano Studios has been a top choice for celebrity artists of every genre.
For nearly five decades, major producers and artists – from rock and pop icons to hip-hop royalty – have flocked to Germano’s control room for their signature power, punch and club-worthy low end.
The Waves Nx Germano Studios plugin reproduces the precise acoustic response of Germano’s Studio 1 control room, based on precision acoustic measurements combined with Waves Nx® spatial technology consisting of channel crosstalk, inter-aural delays (ITD), filters (ILD), room reflections and head motion tracking.
Now you can check your mixes through Germano’s top-shelf stereo monitors: The NS10 near-fields, the custom Exigy S412G four-way system with dual 18-inch subwoofers, and the Germano Acoustics A2s.
You can also mix for surround on headphones, with Germano’s 5.1 system equipped with five Germano Acoustics A2 speakers and subwoofer.
With Waves’ Nx Germano Studios you can:
- Create mixes on your own set of headphones that translate to any system
- Check your tracks on a high-end monitoring environment acoustically tuned for hit-sound success
- Make better mixing decisions for stereo, surround, low-end response, depth and more – with any set of headphones, wherever you may be
If your studio setup has acoustic challenges, or if you’re on the go, you can just plug in your headphones to monitor in the famed Germano Studios. And if you do have access to a solid acoustic environment, Nx Germano Studios gives you another outstanding monitoring reference.
Nx Germano Studios also supports head tracking via your webcam or the Waves Nx Head Tracker Bluetooth device for an enhanced, realistic 3D spatial effect.
Troy Germano, owner of Germano Studios New York, comments, "When Waves approached me about collaborating on an Nx plugin for my Studio 1 control room here at Germano Studios in New York City, I knew they were the right partner to bring ‘the hit factory’ monitoring experience to everyone's headphones. The Nx Germano Studios plugin from Waves achievesthat with incredible accuracy."
Waves Nx Germano Studios New York features:
- Headphone monitoring plugin for better mix reference
- Created with Germano Studios New York
- Precision model of Germano’s famed Studio 1 control room
- Check your mixes on Germano's three sets of custom studio monitors: Exigy S412G, NS10, Germano Acoustics A2s
- Mix for surround with Germano’s custom-built 5.1 system
- Better reference for mix depth, panning, reverb, low-end response
- Three-dimensional acoustic response on all headphone models
- Personalized head anatomy calibration
- Supports head tracking for enhanced realism, via webcam or the Nx Head Tracker (purchased separately)
Nx Germano Studios New York is the latest in the Waves Nx line of plugins, reproducing the acoustics of world-famous mixing studios such as Abbey Road Studio 3, Ocean Way Nashville, and Chris Lord-Alge's Mix LA. Now you can cross-reference your mixes in the world’s best mixing environments – no matter where you are.
Waves Nx Germano Studios New York Videos:
Waves Nx Germano Studios New York | Mixing on Headphones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0NNicx4LXo&t=35s
A Hit Factory in Your Headphones Waves Nx Germano Studios: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLjLpp_WkoU