(Click for high-res
Waves Loudness Meter Plus (WLM Plus) plugin
Contact: Clyne Media, Inc.
Tel: (615) 662-1616
Fax: (615) 662-1636
Waves Audio Now Shipping Waves Loudness Meter Plus (WLM Plus)
TEL AVIV, ISRAEL, January 7, 2014 —Waves Audio, the industry-leading developer of professional audio digital signal processing technologies and the recipient of a Technical GRAMMY® Award, is now shipping the Waves Loudness Meter Plus (WLM Plus) plugin. The next generation of the 2012 TEC Award-winning WLM Loudness Meter plugin, the WLM Plus brings anticipated enhancements and features new correction and adjustment tools. Ideal for content creators, post-production houses and cable head-end facilities, WLM Plus is an affordable, all-in-one cross-platform, multi-format loudness metering software solution.
WLM Plus is fully compliant with all current ITU, EBU and ATSC specifications, including new, dedicated presets meeting ARIB TR-B32, OP-59 and the current Discovery Channel requirements. The WLM Plus also includes two presets useful for gaming content creators for leveling, when working on Sony ASWG (Audio Standards Working Group) loudness scanner – geared towards portable and home based devices.
It offers comprehensive Momentary, Short Term, Long Term and True Peak readouts, as well as a unique warning and logging system that keeps track of users’ levels and alerts them when they have exceeded them or fallen short. WLM Plus now features Gain and Trim controls for correction of loudness levels and a True Peak Limiter, which saves users the need to use additional equipment or software.
WLM Plus Controls
- Short Term displays (in LUFS) perceived short term loudness.
- Long Term displays (in LUFS) perceived loudness averaged across the program signal.
- Range displays (in LU) the overall loudness range across the program signal
- Momentary displays (in LUFS) momentary loudness levels, according to the Momentary scale control settings.
- True Peak displays (in dBTP) inter-sample peaks that do not register in the sample data but may occur during reproduction of the digital signal.
- Unders displays the number of times the signal goes below the specified Short Term Min value indicated in the settings panel.
- Overs displays the number of times the signal exceeds the specified Short Term Max value indicated in the settings panel.
- Measurements Play/Pause determines if program loudness is registered in the WLM memory for averaging long-term loudness range.
- Short Time selectable duration of short time measurement.
- True Peak Limiter on/off activates and deactivates the limiter.
- Follow Transport determines if measurement starts and stops according to host application transport controls.
- Timer indicates the amount of time measurements that have been taken and integrated.
- Reset resets the Long Term, Range, Overs and Unders counters and returns the integration timer to 00:00:00.
- Method determines the measurement method.
- Weighting determines the type of weighting filter.
- Channel determines the channels being measured.
- Short Term Max determines the maximum short term level.
- Short Term Min determines the minimum short term level.
- True Peak Max determines the maximum true peak level.
- Target determines the target level.
- Custom Pre Filtering provides low pass (LPF) and high pass (HPF) filters that pre-filter the audio prior to loudness measurement.
- Momentary Scale determines the scale displayed in the momentary bar meter.
- Logging displays CSV logging file options.
- Gain input gain
- Trim calculates the difference between the long-term measurement and target. Trim button sets gain per calculation.
The Waves WLM Plus Loudness Meter is currently available with a U.S. MSRP of Native $400 and SoundGrid $600. WLM Plus is available at no additional charge to all WLM owners who have valid coverage under the Waves Update Plan. Visit www.waves.com for more information.
Photo File: WLMPlus.JPG
About Waves Ltd.:
From its start in the early '90s with the introduction of the Q10 equalizer plugin, Waves, the world’s leading developer of audio DSP solutions for professional, broadcast, and consumer electronics audio markets, has gone on to develop a comprehensive line of over 130 audio plugins including industry standards like the L1 and L2 Ultramaximizers, popular vintage console models, and innovative mixing tools like Vocal Rider and the Artist Signature Series. For its accomplishments, in 2011 Waves received a Technical GRAMMY® award, and the Q10 was selected as an inductee into the TECnology Hall of Fame. Waves technologies are now used to improve sound quality in virtually every sector of the audio market, from recording, mixing, mastering and post-production to broadcast, live sound, and consumer electronics. Waves has over 20 years of expertise in the development of psycho-acoustic signal processing algorithms that leverage knowledge on the human perception of hearing to radically improve perceived sound quality. Waves’ award-winning processors are utilized to improve sound quality in the creation of hit records, major motion pictures, and top-selling video games worldwide. Waves offers computer software solutions, as well as hardware-plus-software solutions, for the professional and broadcast markets. Under its Maxx brand, Waves offers semiconductor and licensable algorithms for consumer electronics applications. Waves Maxx technologies dramatically enhance audio performance and are used by industry leaders such as Dell, ASUS, JVC and many others.
|All other product names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Waves.
North America Offices:
Waves, Inc., 2800 Merchants Drive, Knoxville, TN 37912;
Tel: 865-909-9200, Fax: 865-909-9245, Email: email@example.com, Web: http://www.waves.com
Corporate Headquarters Israel:
Waves Ltd., Azrieli Center, The Triangle Tower, 32nd Floor
Tel Aviv 67023, Israel; Tel: 972-3-608-4000, Fax: 972-3-608-4056, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Waves Public Relations:
Clyne Media, Inc., 169-B Belle Forest Circle, Nashville, TN 37221;
Tel: 615-662-1616, Fax: 615-662-1636, Email: email@example.com,