Westlake Village, CA, August 10, 2023 – Simmons announces the Titan 70 electronic drum kit, the newest addition and flagship product of its Titan range. Last year, Simmons introduced the highly affordable Titan 50 and Titan 20 electronic drum kits, bringing the brand’s powerful legacy to a new generation of players. The Titan 70 offers next-level performance and expanded features, at a price point far below that of comparable products from other brands.
Simmons’ Titan 70 builds on the Titan series of electronic drum kits and delivers the sound, feel, and innovation demanded by serious drummers. This full-sized kit includes multi-zone pads for expressive and responsive performance (Variable Attack Response), album-ready produced sounds, and interactive features to customize the kit and improve timing accuracy for beginners to advanced players.
The kit is centered around a sensitive 10-inch dual-zone mesh snare pad with accurate rimshot detection. Four dual-zone mesh tom pads include rim sensors for assigning alternate sounds like percussion. Its three-zone 12-inch ride cymbal is another highlight, with sensors on the bow, bell and edge crash for a variety of sounds. The kick drum features an all-new pedal design – the most substantial and robust Simmons kick drum tower to date – that allows highly nuanced playing (a very light touch for jazz, all the way up to aggressive rock, with the option for an added double-kick). The hi-hat is controlled by a variable pedal for closed, open and every sound in between. For dramatic accents, the two crash cymbals include a choke sensor. All pads have been designed with sensitivity and feel in mind, from the low-profile rims to the dynamic curve. And the versatile square rack has rectangular steel supports to keep pads locked in place.
The Titan 70’s high-definition acoustic drum sound library was newly captured in a renowned professional recording studio, and the stereo big-room ambience can be heard on nearly all of the kits, snares and cymbals. Samples were taken at different dynamic levels, and sounds ring out at their natural decay time. The result is a produced yet realistic and responsive drum sound.
Other features of the Titan 70 module include Bluetooth Audio and MIDI for wireless connection to mobile devices. Pair your phone or tablet and play along with videos and music through the same headphones or speakers as the drums. Bluetooth MIDI attaches to apps, like Simmons Drums 2 for iOS which selects kits, edits sounds and mixes, and plays music at slow speed to help learn new songs. The built-in, play-along practice mode also works with the app to work on timing accuracy, and the module includes a detachable, padded shelf for a phone or tablet.
From great-feeling pads with superior sensitivity, to superior-sounding kits and innovative interactive features, the Titan 70 is the ultimate launchpad for beginners, advanced and practicing drummers.
Simmons Titan 70 U.S. list price: $799.99
- Dual-zone, 10" tension-able mesh snare pad with rimshot detection
- Four 8" mesh dual-zone toms
- 10" hi-hat cymbal with variable pedal
- Two 10” crash cymbals with choke sensor
- 12" three-zone ride with bow, bell, and edge crash zones and choke sensor
- Dual layer, durable mesh heads with natural playability and high sensitivity
- Variable Hi-hat controller with sounds from closed to mid and open
- Kick pedal with 7" kick pad, optimized for single and double-kick pedals
- Included adjustable kick drum pedal
- 75 Preset and User Drum Kits
- 4 Preset and 6 User Songs
- 314 Drum Sounds
- Practice Mode measures timing accuracy with several songs, exercises, and scoring
- Custom LED and Drum Kit LED indicators for simple editing and setup
- Bluetooth Audio and MIDI
- USB Audio and MIDI – Functions as a 2x2 audio interface with MIDI I/O
- Detachable, padded Tablet shelf securely holds iPhone, iPad, and other devices during practice
- Two dual-zone 1/4" inputs for pad expansion
- 1/8" stereo aux input
- Stereo 1/4" line outputs
- 1/8" stereo headphone output
Click here to view a “First Impressions” video demo of the Titan 70 with The Pocket Queen